Legacy Lifestyle Above Leigh!
No hint from the road but go down the private drive & the expanse of blue ocean contrasting with white sand beaches, deep green forest & bright green pasture with the superb country residence in pride of place will take your breath away!
• Designed by renowned architect Rewi Thompson this superior home is separated into 3 distinct areas for maximum flexibility.
• A sprawling, light-filled family living area & huge kitchen form the heart of the home, with coast-facing breakfast deck & an expanse of evening deck overlooking ancient Kauri & Totora.
• Barn-style main wing features cathedral-like lounge with gorgeous American oak floor, viewing deck & enormous windows framing a most spectacular view of the Hauraki Gulf.
• Above this area, the luxurious loft-style master suite contains spacious bedroom, walk-in wardrobe, sumptuous ensuite & office.
• A 2nd bedroom & guest bathroom are handily placed near the entrance of the main wing,
• Below the formal lounge, a rustic wine cellar / tasting room opens out through barn doors to the magnificent in-ground pool with pool house (transportable) & sheltered deck.
• Children or guests have their own wing, with another lounge (or media room), 2 huge bedrooms & another sumptuous bathroom.
• Under-floor heating in all tiled areas, plus wood fire & gas fire provide ample warmth & the wind turbine supplements the electrical supply.
• Approx. ½ the easterly sloping land is in pasture; well fenced & watered for stock or horses, with several handy flatter locations to land a helicopter or build stables.
• The balance is in mature covenanted forest containing huge Kauri, majestic Totara & hosting rare Kaka, Morepork, native bats & Hochstetter frogs near the stream & waterfall.
• Just 7km or so to either picturesque Leigh or world-famous Goat Island Marine reserve & approx. 20 min to Matakana.
This is a once in a lifetime property opportunity; call Angela to view.